In this guide, you will learn how to safely flash OTA Updates Zip files / Fastboot files On Xiaomi devices.Here Stock recovery is must have for this guide.It is a very simple and easy guide.Just follow the steps to Update your Xiaomi devices to latest MIUI Global Stable Firmware Via Stock recovery (e.g MIUI 7.2 Global Stable ROM).
Following this guide, you can Flash / Install latest MIUI Global Stable Stock ROM Zip files as well as OTA fast boot files.If you have downloaded the Fastboot Firmware then this guide will not work.Make sure you have the Zip version of the Official Stock MIUI ROM.
It is applicable for all Xiaomi devices.This guide will come handy if your device is rooted or bootloader is unlocked then you will not get OTA Update.Then you have to manually Install the MIUI Global Stable ROM on your Xiaomi device.
Xiaomi OTA Updates:
will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xiaomi Device
while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Download the right Xiaomi MIUI OTA Stable ROM Zip file.
- Your device should have the stock recovery.
HOW TO INSTALL STOCK FIRMWARE OTA UPDATE ZIP FILES ON XIAOMI DEVICES
- Download the Right Global Stable MIUI ROM for your device.
- Now connect your Xiaomi device to the PC.
- Transfer the ROM file in the root directory of your device’s storage.
- Now Go to Updater Application.
- Then Click the three-dot menu at top right corner, and Choose ‘Choose update package’.
- Next, Choose the downloaded ROM file you have transferred.
- The Update process will start automatically.
- Once the installation is completed reboot your device.
- Done!!! Now your Xiaomi should have the latest official stable MIUI ROM
HOW TO INSTALL STOCK FIRMWARE OTA UPDATE FASTBOOT FILES ON XIAOMI DEVICES
- Download the latest Mi Flash Tool. Extract the file and double click to run if there is security warning, select ‘Run’)
- Download the fastboot format of the ROM file.
- Now boot your Xiaomi device into fastboot mode. (Power off the device then the vol and power button to enter fastboot).Once in fastboot, connect your device to the computer
- Now Double click on the downloaded ROM file to extract it. Open the file folder for the ROM file, and copy its path on the computer.
- Then Paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path copied in the last step. Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.The flashing process will start automatically.Wait for the process to complete
- When the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, means the ROM has been successfully installed.
- Your device should automatically boot to the new version.